Toros Fertilizer Factory meets its need for sodium hypochlorite by seawater electrochlorination and has preferred renting option instead of buying on-site seawater electrochlorination facility.
Toros Fertilizer factory produces its own chlorine from sea water and keeps the cooling lines clean. By renting option, institution eliminates the investment planned for the plant by renting.
TOROS TARIM SAMSUN
Commercial Sodium Hypochlorite NaOCl
On-site Sea Water Electrochlorination
Preferred Electrolyser Configuration
1 Main + 0 Standby
Instant Maximum Production Capacity
Cooling Water Chlorination
Purpose of the Project
- To prevent the formation of marine organisms such as mussels, algae, and biofilm during the use of seawater as cooling water.
- Increase cooling performance to 100% by eliminating contamination of lines.
- Creating an alternative to commercial sodium hypochlorite and its high costs.
- To eliminate the dangers of commercial sodium hypochlorite used in the facility.
Achievements With Project
- The effective performance of Clorel®SEA enabled effective chlorination even with lower dosing than expected.
- Maximum security level has been reached within and around the facility.
- Maximum levels of job safety have been reached.
- Foreign dependence of the institution occurs during the purchase step of chlorine, which is produced by a limited number of manufacturers, has been eliminated by institution started to produce their own hypochlorite.
Savings By The Project
- Time, finance and labor power lost during the regular purchase step of the commercial sodium hypochlorite was prevented.
- Minimized the level of safety training staff must attempt with max level.